1. Check level of engine oil. Be convinced that the starter works normally, and the storage battery is completely charged.
2. Start the engine and warm up it to temperature 80–95°C (176–205°F).
3. Switch off the engine and remove from spark plugs high-voltage wires.
4. Turn out spark plugs.
5. Turn a cranked shaft of the engine to remove any alien subjects from cylinders.
6. Screw a tip êîìïðåññîìåòðà in an opening for a spark plug.
7. Press an accelerator pedal before complete opening of a butterfly valve.
8. A starter turn a cranked shaft of the engine and by a scale of the device determine a compression.
Minimum admissible compression: 1,18 MPas at 250–400 mines–1.
9. Repeat steps 6–8 on other cylinders, having convinced that difference of pressure for each of cylinders is in admissible limits.
Admissible difference of pressure in engine cylinders: 100 kPas
10. If a compression low in all cylinders, through openings for spark plugs fill in in cylinders on íåñêîëüêó a thaw of engine oil and repeat steps 6–9.
- If filling of oil lifts a compression, possibly, the gap between piston rings and walls of cylinders is increased.
- If the compression remains at the same level, probably, valves burned through or laying of a head of cylinders is damaged.
Moment of an inhaling
of a spark plug:
20–30 N • m