1. Check level of engine oil. Be convinced that the starter works normally, and the storage battery is completely charged.
2. Start the engine and warm up it to temperature 80–95°C (176–205°F).
3. Switch off the engine and remove from spark plugs high-voltage wires.
4. Turn out spark plugs.
5. Turn a cranked shaft of the engine to remove any alien subjects from cylinders.
6. Screw a tip компрессометра in an opening for a spark plug.
7. Press an accelerator pedal before complete opening of a butterfly valve.
8. A starter turn a cranked shaft of the engine and by a scale of the device determine a compression.
Standard compression: 1200 kPas.
Minimum admissible compression: 1050 kPas.
9. Repeat steps 6–8 on other cylinders, having convinced that difference of pressure for each of cylinders is in admissible limits.
Admissible difference of pressure in engine cylinders: 100 kPas
10. If a compression low in all cylinders, through openings for spark plugs fill in in cylinders on нескольку a thaw of engine oil and repeat steps 6–9.
- If filling of oil lifts a compression, possibly, the gap between piston rings and walls of cylinders is increased.
- If the compression remains at the same level, probably, valves burned through or laying of a head of cylinders is damaged.
Moment of an inhaling
of a spark plug:
20–30 N • m