1. Before test execute the following checks:
- check fastening of the generator and reliability of connection of wires;
- check a tension of a belt of a drive of the generator;
- check a fusible insert;
- check absence of the noise published by the generator at operation of the engine.
2. Switch off ignition.
3. Disconnect a wire from the negative plug of the storage battery.
4. Disconnect a wire from the generator plug "B". Connect the ampermeter of a direct current with a limit of measurement of 0-100 A consistently between the plug "B" and the wire disconnected from the generator. Be convinced that negative щуп the ampermeter connected to the wire disconnected from the generator.
It is recommended to use the inductive ampermeter which allows to measure a current proceeding on a wire, without disconnecting a wire. Use of such ampermeter will reduce possibility of the power failure caused by inexact connection to the plug "B".
5. Connect the voltmeter between the plug "B" of the generator and positive (+) the plug of the storage battery. Be convinced that positive щуп the voltmeter connected to the generator plug "B".
6. Connect a wire to the negative plug of the storage battery.
7. Connect a tachometer.
8. Leave a cowl open.
9. Start the engine
10. Increase frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine to 2 500 mines-1, include headlights and other fires to increase in the current developed by the generator, a few more than 30 A.Postepenno reduce frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine while the ampermeter will not show 30 A.Prochtite's current value of tension on the voltmeter.
Maximum tension of power failure: 0,3 In
If the current developed by the generator high also does not decrease to 30 And, establish a current in 40 And and read value of tension on the voltmeter.
The maximum tension of tension of falling in this case is equal 0,4 In
11. If the power failure shown by the voltmeter exceeds demanded value, means, the wire (including a fusible insert) has damages or it is unreliably connected to plugs of the generator and the storage battery. Check reliability of connection of a wire to plugs, and also be convinced that isolation of a wire is not melted from its overheat.
12. In summary transfer the engine to an idling operating mode.
13. Switch off everything consumers of electric energy and stop the engine.
14. Disconnect a tachometer.
15. Disconnect a wire of the negative plug of the storage battery.
16. Disconnect the voltmeter and the ampermeter.
17. Connect a wire to the generator plug "B".
18. Connect a wire to the negative plug of the storage battery.