1. Before test check the following elements:
check fastening of the generator and reliability of connection of wires;
condition of the storage battery established in the car;
tension of a belt of a drive of the generator;
absence of the noise published by the generator at operation of the engine.
The storage battery which is used for check of the current developed by the generator, should be partially discharged. At completely charged battery check cannot be executed because of insufficient loading of the generator.
2. Switch off ignition.
3. Disconnect a wire from the negative plug of the storage battery.
4. Disconnect a wire from the generator plug "B".
Connect the ampermeter of a direct current with a limit of measurement of 0-100 A consistently between the plug "B" and the wire disconnected from the generator. Be convinced that negative щуп the ampermeter connected to the wire disconnected from the generator.
Connect wires and щупы the ampermeter very reliably as on a chain the big current will proceed. For connection of wires use nuts instead of clips.
It is recommended to use the inductive ampermeter which allows to measure a current proceeding on a wire, without disconnecting a wire.
5. Connect the voltmeter (0–20 In) between the plug "B" of the generator and "weight". Be convinced that positive щуп the voltmeter connected to the generator plug "B".
6. Connect a tachometer and a wire to the negative plug of the storage battery.
7. Connect a tachometer.
8. Leave a cowl open.
9. Be convinced that the voltmeter shows tension of the storage battery.
If the voltmeter shows tension 0 In, means, the electric chain connecting the plug "B" of the generator and the positive plug of the storage battery is not closed or the fusible insert fused.
10. Start the engine and include headlights.
11. Include a driving beam of headlights and the heater fan in a mode of the maximum supply of air. Quickly increase frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine to 2 500 mines–1 and read values on devices, thus the ampermeter will show a current developed by the generator.
Limiting value: 70 % of a current of rated power
The rated current developed by the generator, is specified in Specifications.
Due to the charging of the storage battery, the current will decrease, therefore for receiving correct results check is necessary for carrying out very quickly.
The current developed by the generator, will depend on electric loading and generator temperature.
If at check loading of the generator is insufficient, it will be impossible to provide a current demanded for check even if the generator is serviceable. In this case for increase in loading at the switched-off engine include headlights for a discharge of the storage battery.
If at check the current, developed by the generator is insufficient, means, temperature of the case of the generator and/or ambient temperature the too high. In this case before check cool the generator.
12. The value of a current shown by the ampermeter should be above limiting value. If a current less limiting value and a wire of an exit of the generator in a normal state, remove the generator from the car and check it.
13. After completion of test of limiting value of the current developed by the generator, transfer the engine to an idling mode.
14. Switch off ignition.
15. Disconnect a tachometer.
16. Disconnect a wire from the negative plug of the storage battery.
17. Disconnect the ampermeter and the voltmeter.
18. Connect a wire to the generator plug "B".
19. Connect a wire to the negative plug of the storage battery.