1. Before test check the following elements:
check fastening of the generator and reliability of connection of wires;
condition of the storage battery established in the car;
tension of a belt of a drive of the generator;
absence of the noise published by the generator at operation of the engine.
2. Turn a key in the ignition lock in the provision of "OFF".
3. Disconnect a wire from the negative plug of the storage battery.
4. Connect the digital voltmeter between plugs "S" of the generator and "weight". Connect positive щуп the voltmeter to the generator plug "S"
5. Disconnect a wire from the generator plug "B".
6. Connect the ampermeter of a direct current with a limit of measurement of 0-100 A consistently between the plug "B" and the wire disconnected from the generator. Be convinced that negative щуп the ampermeter connected to the wire disconnected from the generator.
7. Connect a wire to the negative plug of the storage battery.
8. Connect a tachometer.
9. Be convinced that the voltmeter shows tension of the storage battery.
If the voltmeter shows tension 0 In, means, the electric chain connecting the plug "S" of the generator and positive (+) the plug of the storage battery is not closed.
10. Switch off everything consumers of electric energy.
11. Start the engine.
12. Increase frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the engine to 2 500 mines–1.
13. When the current will decrease to size less than 10 And, read value of tension on the voltmeter.
14. If tension corresponds to demanded value, means, the regulator of tension is serviceable and works normally. If tension differs from demanded, means, the regulator of tension or the generator are faulty.